Our website, our materials, electronic products, and services have several features. Our site provides descriptions of our missions fundraising events, and several ongoing projects. It also offers you the opportunity to shop online by clicking on our “Live Auction, Take Action” tab and “shop for good” links on our website. These links open up a new tab on a different online store. We encourage you to read the entire policy as it sets forth our understanding with you when you visit our website. We developed these terms and conditions for your protection, as well as ours.
Throughout this policy, you will see the terms “ProtectAllKids,” “we,” “our,” and “us” – these terms refer to ProtectAllKids, Inc. a New York non-stock corporation with tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). You will also see the terms “I,” “you,” “your,” and “yours” – these terms refer to visitors and users of our website. In the United States, ProtectAllKids is the sole owner of the name “ProtectAllKids,” which is a registered trademark. Also, ProtectAllKids will be the U.S. licensee of the ProtectAllKids Worldwide logo. Your use of the name, logo, and/or links bearing the name and/or logo acknowledges ProtectAllKids’s exclusive ownership of the name and right to use the logo. All use of or goodwill associated with the name, logo, our materials, electronic products, and/or services will inure to the benefit of ProtectAllKids or its licensors. The logo, electronic products, and/or services are provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement. The use of our materials, electronic products, and/or services provided at the site are solely at your own risk.
- LINKING TO PROTECTALLKIDS WEBSITE AND USE OF WEBSITE MATERIALS, NAME AND LOGO, AND TECHNOLOGY
ProtectAllKids appreciates informational and educational use for ProtectAllKids’s website, our materials, electronic products and services, including our name and logo. However, there are limits to the applications. These limits include the use of the name, logo, and links bearing the name and/or logo.
- a) Use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that ProtectAllKids endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with your products, goods, services or your website.
- b) Your use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that ProtectAllKids will benefit from the sale of any good or service.
- c) Links bearing the name and logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to the ProtectAllKids website as designated within the link.
- d) The links bearing the name and logo will always be active.
- e) The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any manner including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colors or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- f) The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear more prominently than your personal, company, product or service website name.
- g) You will not transfer, assign, sell, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise exploit the name and logo or your link to us.
- h) The ProtectAllKids name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear on any pages of any websites that include content or advertising for alcoholic beverages, tobacco, pornography, religious material, partisan material, political material or firearms.
- i) Appropriate action by ProtectAllKids may include, but is not limited to, the revocation of the right to use the name and logo and/or any links bearing the name and logo, in which event you agree to remove the name and logo and/or the links bearing the name and logo within 3 business days of notice of revocation.
It is improper and may be a violation of the law, for you to post or download and distribute any material that you do not own or for which you do not have permission to use. Please be aware: violation of someone’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
- INAPPROPRIATE USE OF PROTECTALLKIDS MATERIALS, ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND/OR TECHNOLOGY
It is inappropriate to use our ProtectAllKids website, our materials, including the ProtectAllKids name and logo, electronic products and/or services for illegal, inappropriate, or obscene purposes, or in support of such activities.
We define these terms as follows:
“Illegal activities” are those that violate laws, regulations and/or private agreements, including federal or state laws governing charitable activities, copyright laws, trademark laws, license agreements or other intellectual property rights.
Listed below are some, but not all, prohibited activities that may result in action by ProtectAllKids:
- a) Posting, transmitting or facilitating in the promotion of illegal content through our website or electronic products and services.
- b) Using our website, our material, electronic products, and/or services to harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another visitor or third party that is unwanted.
- c) Transmitting or facilitating distribution of content that is untrue, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable.
- d) Using the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo on websites which ProtectAllKids finds, in its sole discretion, to be objectionable or which includes obscene, violent, intolerant, tasteless, denigrating or sexually-oriented content or materials.
- e) Disrupting the flow of any chat areas with vulgar language, abusiveness, or other conduct that may disrupt normal activities.
- f) Pretending to be anyone who you are not. You may not impersonate ProtectAllKids staff, or anyone else.
- g) Attempting to get a password, other account information, or additional private information from others, or harvest email addresses or other information.
- h) Posting any unsolicited content or designs, including advertising and promotional materials, at our website.
- a) ProtectAllKids reserves the right to make any change to the information and/or license provided herein at any time for any reason. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up with any such changes.
- b) Federal and New York state law shall govern this agreement.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND YOU ASSUME ALL RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS AVAILABLE,” “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PROTECTALLKIDS AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES to THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PROTECTALLKIDS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PROTECTALLKIDS IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL PROTECTALLKIDS OR ITS SUPPLIERS/LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE), WHICH INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA AND BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, EVEN IF PROTECTALLKIDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF PROTECTALLKIDS AND ITS SUPPLIERS/LICENSORS UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESS TO THE SITE.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages or the limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so some of the above may not apply to you.
- OTHER DISCLAIMERS
The site and the information contained herein is provided for informational and educational purposes only and could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Information on the site is provided with the understanding that ProtectAllKids is not rendering professional advice or recommendations. You should not rely on any information on these pages to replace consultations with qualified professionals to meet your individual needs.
This publication is distributed internationally and may contain references to other ProtectAllKids members internationally. These references do not imply that ProtectAllKids U.S. or another member intends to announce or provide the programs, products, or services in your country. All questions about ProtectAllKids in your country should be directed to the local ProtectAllKids member organization in your country.
- DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) NOTICE
ProtectAllKids is committed to complying with copyright and related laws and requires all users of the site to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content or use or disseminate any material or content through the site in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of ProtectAllKids to terminate the use privileges of any user who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to ProtectAllKids by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent.
If you feel that a posted message is objectionable or infringing, we encourage you to contact us immediately. Upon our receipt of a proper notice of claimed infringement under the DMCA, we will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the content in issue. The designated agent of ProtectAllKids (i.e., the proper party) to whom you should address such notice is listed below.
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted using the site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent with the following information:
an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located to permit us to locate the material;
your address, telephone number, and email address;
a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your report is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Our designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached at privacys@ProtectAllKids.org.
WE’RE COMMITTED TO PROMOTING ACCESSIBILITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION. WE BELIEVE ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACCESS OUR WEBSITE SUCCESSFULLY. WHETHER YOU ARE USING ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES LIKE A SCREEN READER, A MAGNIFIER, VOICE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE, OR SWITCH TECHNOLOGY, OUR GOAL IS TO MAKE BROWSING OUR SITE IS A SUCCESSFUL AND ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE. WE ARE CONTINUOUSLY IMPLEMENTING TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENTS TO ENHANCE ACCESSIBILITY ON OUR SITE. AS WE CONTINUE TO STRIVE TOWARD OUR GOAL OF PROMOTING ACCESSIBILITY, WE WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACK ON HOW WE MIGHT IMPROVE. IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY ACCESSING ANY FEATURE OR FUNCTIONALITY OF THIS WEBSITE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL US AT PRIVACYS@PROTECTALLKIDS.ORG. We are currently taking a variety of steps and devoting resources to enhance the accessibility of our desktop, tablet, and mobile website so that our website and mobile site meet or exceed applicable standards.